Pastoral Care at Walsgrave C of E Academy
The Pastoral Care provided at Walsgrave C of E Academy is an important part of school life. We are continuing to improve the quality of Pastoral Care to ensure that we are able to provide the best possible support to the children. The Pastoral Team consists of Michelle Smith as Pastoral Manager and Rebecca O’Hara as Learning Mentor and together they are responsible for the wellbeing of the pupils and therefore dedicate time, energy and expertise to encouraging and advising pupils. The Pastoral Team ensure that pupils will be supported and nurtured and also encourage the pupils to give of their best, to support one another and grow in confidence. The aims that the Pastoral Team are likely to address are as follows:
Provide an environment in which pupils feel comfortable, safe and secure in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect.
- Encourage positive interaction between pupils
- Promote pupils self-awareness and self-confidence so that they need to face the challenges, both academic and personal, that are placed on them.
- To establish and maintain an appropriate relationship with every parent, so that together we can help to prepare the pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- To create a caring environment where pupils are valued for who they are, not just for what they can do.
- The Pastoral Team provide an ‘Open Door’ policy for the pupils and parents of the school every day.
Although we have a Pastoral Team working within the school it can’t be stressed enough that at Walsgrave, the whole staff hold the pastoral care of all our pupils as paramount importance. The way we treat, talk to and interact with and teach pupils will all contribute to the quality of our pastoral care.